Friday, December 3, 2010

Blogpost #5 - Due Dec 3rd

Since this is my video blog, I also chose it as my last one so that I would have more time to work on it. When I first heard That it was an out of the ordinary use of a common thing, I immediately thought of one of my hobbies- papercraft. Many people cannot believe the things that can be done with paper, whether it be origami, or papercraft. I'm sure there are even more, but anyway.... On to the video.



I didn't want to go too in depth, but that's a quick and basic demonstration. If anyone is interested in learning more, just check out the links to the right.
I guess the basic point is that with a little bit of skill and ingenuity, you can do almost anything with what you have. I also have included a video of a short overview of the various programs that it went through before being printed. They're pretty much in reverse order of the steps at which they're used. The programs are... Metasequoia (3D program), Photoshop (Image editing program), and Pepakura Designer.


1 comment:

  1. You're totally right about paper, I have never thought of it in a medium of construction. When I think paper I am primarily concerned with drawing, writing or paper airplanes. I never thought that anything near as complex as what you just showed in that video could ever be done. However, I have read recently about origami concepts being used in the construction of heart/artery joists and I think it's a really cool way to blend art and science.

    ReplyDelete